BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Miracles

My children are miracles. I know that is not really profound except when you truly think about it. Children are God's miracles for us. They are tangible grace, completely undeserved. They work little miracles in my heart everyday too.

We were getting ice cream the other day and when Hannah got her kid sized dish John said, "Hannah it is just the right size for you." To which Hannah replied, "They must have remembered me."

Hannah has been having a hard time with lying. Today on the way to gymnastics, we were listening to the radio and heard the end of a popular christian children's radio show. It happened to be on lying. Hannah caught on and asked me this, "How did they know he was lying." I think she was trying to get some pointers for lying success. Today she tried to charm me out of a lie. She said something under her breath to me, I think negative but I'm not sure. When I asked her what she said she replied, "I said you are so beautiful mommy." I know that's not what she really said. For miracles, they sure sin a lot. Unlike me, God can see into my heart and know when I am lying no matter what. I would do well to remember that.

Luke on the other hand is a miracle in his own way. I never thought he would be doing so well at this point. The kid talks a lot and usually very clearly. He knows what he wants and makes no bones about it. The kids have been playing house the last few days. At one point today Hannah said it was night time and so they laid down for a few seconds until Luke pops up with, "Morning time!" Hannah didn't like being overruled but Luke was ready to play again.

I wonder what they'll be like in 10 or 20 years.

0 comments: